Winners Q4 2012
Winners Q3 2012
Winners Q2 2012
Winners Q1 2012
Winners Q4 2011
The local “Safety Hero of the Quarter” program has been launched, aiming to promote the proper usage of safety tools and equipment, as well as adequate behavior during the work process or in case of unsafe situations. The program will enhance the recognition of people who demonstrate remarkable safety performance through a package of corporate awards, as well as a framed picture of the hero on display in the head office and in the plants, supported by the relevant communication campaign on the Company website, i.like and Safety Vision. The Sustainable Development Department (SDD) is in search of employees who go above and beyond the call of duty in order to prevent potential accidents loss of life or injury following an accident. The program will provide everyone with the opportunity to be recognized and become famous for a quarter.
How to become a safety hero...
If you notice a workmate deserving recognition for his/her safety contribution, don’t hesitate, nominate! Post your nomination via one of the following channels:
The hero of the quarter will be selected by the members of the Sustainable Development Committee from all of the nominations submitted during the quarter by vote, after a thorough review of all of the candidates and their nomination merits. Both the SD and Communication Departments will post the criteria for the rating of the submitted Safety Hero nominations for each plant on quarterly basis.
The first Safety heroes of the quarter for Devnya Cement and Vulkan Cement will be distinguished for their performance during the fourth quarter of 2011 and will be announced at the company Christmas party which will be held in December 2011. The Safety heroes of the quarter in 2012 will be announced by the 15th of month following the end of the quarter.
Rules of the competition....
- Where: Two parallel programs are simultaneously announced for the staff and people working in Devnya Cement and in Vulkan Cement respectively.
- When: The program is commencing in October, 2011 and you can immediately start to submit your nominations.
- Who can be a safety hero: Every worker or employee of the company or any contractor, visitor, driver can be nominated for the award in case he/she has demonstrated a remarkable safety behavior or idea for efficiency improvement of safety conditions, etc.
- Who can nominate a safety hero: Everyone or a group of people from the company or externally (via WEB site) can nominate (a colleague, supervisor, manager, contractor, visitor, driver).
ATTENTION: You cannot nominate yourself.
Criteria: The worker/employee to be nominated should have demonstrated exemplary safety behavior worth of popularization and recognition.
Important: The blank nomination form is attached hereto. Please use it to make your nomination/s and make sure to carefully describe the well-grounded reasons for your nomination. Any anonymous nominations or nominations without clearly stated reasons will be disregarded and disqualified from the competition.
Benefits for the Safety Hero:
- Framed picture of the Safety Hero of the quarter will be displayed at the entrance of the Head office and in the plants.
- The Safety Hero will be awarded personally by the General Manager with a corporate recognition gift and Spa weekend for two persons.
- The Safety Hero will be entitled to wear the special golden helmet during the following quarter as a symbol of his safety commitment.
- An article and interview will be published on the Company Website, i.like and Safety Vision in order to share worldwide who our Safety heroes of the quarter are.
- People with impressive Safety Hero records will be better qualified for career enhancement & advancement!
Benefits for the Nominator of the Safety Hero: The person/s who have nominated the Safety Hero of the quarter will also receive a corporate recognition gift.
You can be our first Safety hero of the quarter!
We wish you the courage to impress us with your safety performance and become nominated by your colleagues. Equally, if some of your workmates deserve to become Safety Heroes, don’t hesitate, nominate!
We are looking forward to receiving your nominations and contributions!